Clarke Ahlers concentrates his practice in the following areas of law:
- DUI & Serious Traffic Offenses, including auto manslaughter and accident reconstruction cases.
- Criminal Defense, including every type of case from shoplifting to homicide and at every stage of a criminal case from investigation, to Grand Jury, to court or jury trial.
- Defense of Law Enforcement Officers charged with crimes or LEOBR administrative cases.
- Clarke Ahlers is often consulted by other attorneys to act as co-counsel or prepare macro-case themes, legal analysis, cross-examination strategy, or key witness preparation.
- Ahlers is frequently interviewed by reporters and media personalities (often on background) to provide context for stories about criminal cases, the courts, and law enforcement.